Thursday, February 11, 2010

TGIT: Thank God It's Tuesday

I don't know how I managed it, but I somehow have a two day week. While this means that I have over five hours of straight class on both Monday and Tuesday, the result is a solid five day weekend. My Tuesdays feel like Fridays, my Wednesdays and beyond feel like Saturdays, and I have lost all concept of a scheduled life. Though my week may be short-lived, I celebrate each completed week with a newly formed tradition.


Tuesdays at the Eldon Pub have become a staple on my social calendar. It's "international student's night" which basically means that all the foreign kids gather in a typical English pub for cheap drinks and a consistently good time. You're guaranteed to run into familiar faces and you'll probably end up meeting some new people too. Curiously, a couple pints makes all the accents kind of fade to the background and everyone is able to just mix, mingle, and make merry. The Eldon adds the sweet to my short week.

Drink of choice: Snakebite
  • 1 part lager
  • 1 part cider
  • a splash of black current cordial
It's dangerously delicious.

1 comment: